Are you power-washing your vehicle? In that case, you need the best pressure washer soaps and detergents for cars. These cleaners are formulated to foam away road grime and leave the surface shiny.
At first, the choice can be a little difficult because there are several kinds and brands available.
- Best Car Wash Soap for Pressure Washer 2019 Reviews
- 1. Chemical Guys EQP_312 TORQ Professional Foam Cannon and Honeydew Snow Foam Cleanser
- 2. Chemical Guys HOL145 Torq Foam Cannon Snow Foamer and 3 Premium Soaps
- 3. Chemical Guys CWS_110_64 Honeydew Snow Foam
- 4. Meguiar’s G7101FFP Gold Class Car Wash
- 5. Chemical Guys CWS_1011 Maxi-Suds II Super Suds Car Wash Soap and Shampoo
- 6. Adam’s Car Wash Shampoo pH-Neutral Soap Formula for Safe, Spot Free Cleaning
- 7. Chemical Guys CWS20764 Extreme Bodywash & Wax Car Wash Soap with Color Brightening Technology
- 8. Chemical Guys CWS_402 Mr. Pink Super Suds Car Wash Soap and Shampoo
- 9. Karcher Car Wash & Wax Soap for Pressure Washers
- 10. Briggs & Stratton Power Products 6830 Vehicle Cleaner Pressure Washer Concentrate
- 11. Mothers 25678 M-Tech Wash and Wax
- 12. Chemical Guys CWS20264 Tough Mudder Truck Wash Off-Road and ATV Heavy Duty Soap
- 13. Sun Joe SPX-FCS1G Premium Snow Foam Cannon Pressure Washer Rated Car Wash Soap and Cleaner
- 14. Star brite RV Wash & Wax w/PTEF (71500) One Step Concentrated Cleaner – Gallon
- 15. Premium RV Wash and Wax, Detergent and Wax -Thetford 32517
- 16. Chemical Guys CLD_107 Premium Blue Wheel and Rim Cleaner and Degreaser
- Tips for pressure-washing your car
Best Car Wash Soap for Pressure Washer 2019 Reviews
So we selected only the top detergents to simplify your shopping.
1. Chemical Guys EQP_312 TORQ Professional Foam Cannon and Honeydew Snow Foam Cleanser
The Chemical Guys are one of the most trusted manufacturers of car care products. They have their own professional-grade foam cannon called the TORQ. It attaches to the wand of any pressure washer, whether gas or electric. It replaces the nozzle while you soap up the car.
The TORQ has a screw-on quart-size tank that you can fill with your favorite detergent. This particular package includes the Honeydew Snow cleanser. But you can also choose from other options like Meticulous Matte or Glossworks.
Once you’re ready to work with the foam cannon, you can adjust the spray angle and the amount of airflow. In this manner, you can change how sudsy you make the car.
The Honeydew Snow detergent sticks to dirt to lift it out of every nook and cranny. And both it and the foam cannon work with pressure washers down to 800 psi.
2. Chemical Guys HOL145 Torq Foam Cannon Snow Foamer and 3 Premium Soaps
When you can’t make up your mind which detergent you want to use, try this kit from Chemical Guys. Not only does it come with the foam cannon, but it has three different car wash soaps. The soaps include Glossworkz Auto Wash, Honeydew Snow Foam, and Citrus Wash and Gloss.
3. Chemical Guys CWS_110_64 Honeydew Snow Foam
We mentioned the Honeydew Snow Foam above, but let’s look at it in detail here. First off, this detergent creates an astonishing amount of suds. The suds soak away dirt and grease from every crevice. Second, the pH-neutral formula won’t fade or scratch your paint job or wax. It also protects rubber, vinyl, plastics, and glass. And finally, the fruity scent smells tasty.
4. Meguiar’s G7101FFP Gold Class Car Wash
Combine Meguiar’s vehicle shampoo in a five-to-one ratio with water for your foam cannon or detergent bucket. It creates rich suds that degrease and remove grime without stripping the wax. Meanwhile, ordinary dish soap also removes grease as well as the wax, too.
The Gold Class Car Wash rinses clean and leaves a glossy finish. For best results, wipe your vehicle dry immediately after rinsing. Meguiar recommends using 100% cotton terry or microfiber towels.
5. Chemical Guys CWS_1011 Maxi-Suds II Super Suds Car Wash Soap and Shampoo
Our next pick is the MaxiSuds II detergent. It’s available in three scents that all have the same deep-cleaning ability. Not only is it safe for sealant coatings, wax, and glaze, but it also won’t harm other surfaces. It’s mild enough to use on paint, vinyl, rubber, metal, and plastic. Plus, it has water softeners so that it won’t streak or leave spots.
Chemical Guys recommend pre-rinsing, then covering the vehicle with thick suds. Use a foam cannon or the black tip and detergent hose on your pressure washer. Only 1 ounce of detergent in a 5-gallon bucket of water makes a lot of foam.
6. Adam’s Car Wash Shampoo pH-Neutral Soap Formula for Safe, Spot Free Cleaning
Adam’s car wash shampoo promises you 110% satisfaction. The formula suspends minerals in the water to keep them from scratching the car or even the wax. It’s so slick that it removes dirt without letting it damage the clear coat. Additionally, the pH-neutral soap doesn’t dry out plastic or rubber.
The manufacturer says that the deep blue color of the detergent and the wild berry fragrance make every car wash more pleasant.
7. Chemical Guys CWS20764 Extreme Bodywash & Wax Car Wash Soap with Color Brightening Technology
If you love that glossy new car shine, try the Extreme Bodywash soap from Chemical Guys. It has Color Brightening Technology that perks up the finish on old cars. Run it through your foam cannon or use the soap nozzle and detergent hose with a 5-gallon bucket. It only takes one to 3 ounces per bucket to wash a car.
One of the benefits of this product is that it’s safe to use in direct sunlight. It won’t cause spotting or streaking. Moreover, it has a synthetic car wax that leaves a light protective sheen behind.
8. Chemical Guys CWS_402 Mr. Pink Super Suds Car Wash Soap and Shampoo
The container of Mr. Pink car shampoo will last a long time since you only need 1 ounce in your foam cannon every time you wash the car. It lays down thick suds that lift away grime. It doesn’t matter if you wash the car in the sunshine because it won’t streak or spot. Also, the pH-balanced formula won’t harm the paint, the chrome, or even the wax.
Why might you choose Mr. Pink instead of one of the other detergents? That’s because it contains lubricants so that you can work with a mitt if you like. It won’t swirl or scratch the surface.
9. Karcher Car Wash & Wax Soap for Pressure Washers
The Karcher Vehicle Wash makes up to 20 gallons from just one gallon of concentrated detergent. It’s biodegradable and rinses without leaving a residue. If you want a general-purpose car shampoo that also contains wax, try this one.
10. Briggs & Stratton Power Products 6830 Vehicle Cleaner Pressure Washer Concentrate
The Briggs & Stratton Vehicle Cleaner Concentrate comes in a quart-sized bottle. But this single bottle makes up to 4 gallons of car wash when you mix it with water. Besides washing your SUV or truck, you can use this detergent to clean your RV and boat.
11. Mothers 25678 M-Tech Wash and Wax
Mothers M-Tech detergent contains wax. Dilute it with one part soap to four parts water for your foam cannon or 1 ounce per gallon if you’re drawing from a bucket. The sudsy formula removes dirt and boosts your clear coat so that it looks freshly waxed.
12. Chemical Guys CWS20264 Tough Mudder Truck Wash Off-Road and ATV Heavy Duty Soap
Let’s jump back to Chemical Guys for their Tough Mudder Heavy Duty Soap. This is the detergent you need if you’ve taken your vehicle off-road. Use it in a bucket or put it in your foam cannon. Either way, it’s full of lubricants that protect against swirls and scratching if you use a mitt. Moreover, it leaves a high gloss shine and won’t strip sealant for wax. It’s safe for dirt bikes, ATVs, and more.
13. Sun Joe SPX-FCS1G Premium Snow Foam Cannon Pressure Washer Rated Car Wash Soap and Cleaner
Sun Joe makes a deliciously-fragranced car wash soap in three scents: pineapple, coconut, and orange vanilla. If you put full-strength it in your foam gun, it creates intense suds that lift away grime when you rinse. Or you’ll only need one to two ounces of detergent per 5 gallons of water when you draw from a bucket.
14. Star brite RV Wash & Wax w/PTEF (71500) One Step Concentrated Cleaner – Gallon
The Star brite wash and wax cleaner foams away road dust, dead bugs, and grease from your RV and vehicle. It doesn’t strip wax or fade decals. But it will make the surface look shinier when you’re done. And it adds UV protection to keep your camper from fading.
15. Premium RV Wash and Wax, Detergent and Wax -Thetford 32517
Thetford’s RV wash and wax also works on cars, trucks, ATVs, snowmobiles, and boats. It won’t harm clear coats or decals. Not only does it wash away bird droppings and dirt, but it leaves a protective finish. This shiny finish is water-repellent and anti-static. Moreover, it protects colors from fading.
16. Chemical Guys CLD_107 Premium Blue Wheel and Rim Cleaner and Degreaser
Instead of cleaning your rims with solvents, try the Premium Blue Wheel cleaner from Chemical Guys. It gets rid of brake dust, oil, and oxidation just as well as any degreaser could. It’s made with non-hydrofluoric acid that’s safer for you and the environment. Dilute it 7:1 for regular cleaning.
Tips for pressure-washing your car
If you’re like us, you enjoy washing the car, or else you’d have someone else do it for you. Once you have a pressure washer, the fun goes up a notch. But for maximum enjoyment and professional results, invest in a foam cannon.
You might also find that accessories like a surface brush attachment help you remove road dirt and dead bugs more efficiently. But always make sure that the bristles on the brush are free of debris before you use it. The same is true for a washing mitt. Make sure it’s clean and not gritty.
Now, if you’re new to power-washing, you may not realize how close to disaster you are if you’re parked in the wrong place. It’s fine to wash your car in the driveway if your driveway doesn’t have gravel. If you hit gravel with a high-pressure spray, you’re likely to send pebbles flying. Also, park away from objects that you don’t want to get wet.
When you’re ready to begin, rinse the car first. You don’t need to, and probably shouldn’t use high pressure. Next, spray on a thick layer of suds with your foamer. Start at the top and work your way down. Then let the foam work for a few minutes – but don’t let it dry.
When you rinse, use a lower pressure setting and work from the top down. Pros will tell you that drying the car right afterward with a microfiber towel can help you achieve that showroom shine.
We hope you found your favorite new pressure washer detergent for your car today. We hope it makes taking care of your vehicle easier and more pleasurable. Visit us again soon to see new reviews of the best cleaning products and tools.